Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Oh my gosh, 5 years later and I had to come back to view this blog! So in love with these memories that are put down in writing! I just re read the memory of Jenna pouring the glass of water on me! That is so stinking funny! That kid seriously cracks me up.  The McCann Family is strong in the Lord and makes us strong as a family!

Jenna is now 6 almost 7 and is my little heart.  With her sweet face and funny spirit she just has my heart!  She is in first grade this year and is thriving!  She is a total star at gymnastics and is outstanding in it! I'd like to find an even better program for her to enhance those skills even more.  She is taking off reading! She just got an invitation for Quest class so i think she's right on path to a great future in school success.  She calls her teacher cupcake and Miss Fortune calls her cupcake too. Jenna just lost her front tooth. She asked the tooth fairy for $20.00.... the tooth fairy gave her $3.00.  Her other tooth is needing/ wanting to come out and it now at a bizarre angle where i feel the need to pull it out.  Jenna is currently in my bed nursing a cold.  I thank God my girls are healthy 99% of the time.  I pray Jenna's congestion does not lead to croup tonight.  She has had 2 bouts of that since we've been in Sumter.  Jenna loves our dog Charlotte and will ask to sleep with Charlotte almost overnight.  I'm not a big proponent of dogs sleeping in our beds, but I will let Jenna sleep with her as i'm just so busy and don't have the time to pay Charlotte the attention she needs.  Dog mom guilt!!

Deanna is in the 2nd grade.  She is beyond a sweetheart and is so articulate! Tonight i got her happy meal and a hot fudge sundae.  She was over the moon and several times expressed her gratitude.  It was just a sweet and refreshing moment in these days of motherhood especially 2018 as i'm the lone ranger.  Deanna is flourishing in school and doing a fabulous job learning.  She is well advanced for her grade.  We are starting her on multiplication/ division and fractions!  It's crazy! She is most certainly going to beat me in math.  Deanna is in tap and jazz and doing awesome!  She's finding her coordination  a bit better these days, and works on her moves in the kitchen.  She's just a delight.  She has a love for reading.  Most nights I tuck her into bed when she's got a stack of books and flashlight. She loves mystery books and often times will finish them in a day or two.  I got a note from her teacher about Deanna singing the lyrics to a church song in class and sharing her faith with her classmates.  Her teacher just loves Deanna!  Both girls are doing an amazing job with girl scout cookies!  600+ boxes each.  Praise God Girl Scout cookies are almost done!

I am doing good!I miss my mom terribly and wish I could pick up the phone and call her and ask her questions, especially questions of faith she'd so easily answer. She'd have the perfect advice, wisdom and reference to my questions.  I often wonder about her in heaven.  I am thinking she's probably enjoying her rest up in heaven.  Now that i've experienced death on a personal level it's just so final.  I hate that I can't take anything back.  I hate that I can't ask her how she's doing, what she's doing, what her opinion is, her past history and etc.  I can only treasure the memories I have with her and that is exactly what I do.  Praise the Lord God above that my mom was believer in Christ Jesus.  Having this assurance really gives me peace knowing she is in heaven hugging on Jesus and sitting at his feet.   I am continuing on in my faith walk, day by day by day!  I love the new wisdom I glean each year and the beautiful souls that I have met along my way that have enhanced my Christian walk! Here's some names so I can check in another 5 years and recall them by name, Megan Pitts, Deborah Park, Debbi Trosper, and Dalana Barnett and Helen Hafich, Meredith Mateer.  I am doing a few different parenting studies these recent days. Spiritual parenting by Michelle Anthony, 6 truths of parenthood by Karen Stubbs, and Intentional parenting by Doug Fields.  I am enjoying my time at CCC and thankful i made the change to be more involved community wise.  I loved Bethesda and the truth it spoke into the season of time that we needed it, but grateful for the change of pace.  In these 6 lonely months (2 months down) I am doing the Alexia Clark workout program.  It's seriously the BEST workout program i've done to date. I was just told my a friend that my backside is literally half the size it was when I met her... which is crazy as I've always felt I was thin, but looking back I was a bit round!  i don't intend to quit this program any time soon so praying for endurance and health on this new fitness plan.  I would like to tighten up my food a bit :)  i know what number of macros to conquer each day, but i have not take the time to track and plan...  One day!!  My banner business is going great.  It's a little bit at a turtle pace which actually is ok with me as i'm feeling so busy it's hard to fit it in all the time.  Some days I can't even fit in my time with Jesus , so how the heck will i fit in a banner?  The $$ motivates me but my spirit is always looking out for that motivation putting my priorities out of place.  I am serving on PWOC board currently.  I am the VP of programs this year. I love this role as it lets my serve the ladies using my gifs and talents. I am tired and thank God for scripture that reminds us to run the race and to be encouraged!

I must go to bed! I will write on this more often as I love seeing these memories!







No comments:

Post a Comment